Getting stuck as a writer isn’t a matter of if, but when. Use these creative writing prompts to break out of the slump and get that creativity flowing once more.
- It was said there was an island far away where all lost things ended up. And you had just found it.
- You’ve discovered a planet, describe what you see.
- You are looking out over the ocean and there is a vessel before you. Describe the setting and the vessel.
- Wait, I Like You? Create a scene where two friends are taking a walk outside. They begin flirting and realize they like each other.
- You are a chicken. Cross the road
- You are the last surviving pilgrim in the colony of Jamestown
- Write a romance between two trees
- Your sister disappears, no one else notices except you. You’re stuck in a wheelchair. Find her.
- Character is a bank robber and the getaway car is haunted.
- Create a children’s story that happens in a graveyard at night.
- There is a fast river in front of your character, get across it.
- Your character’s greatest fear comes alive. What happens next?
- Your character is dying, write their final moments.
- Take a current scene from your novel and tell it from the perspective of a different character.
- Take a current scene from your novel and tell it from the perspective of a different character. Before writing, think about how a different viewpoint character will change the way the scene is written.
- Take a scene from your novel and write it so the secondary character is the opposite gender
- Create 4 new aspects of a world. They have to be new and of your own design. Try to give a description, and what its purpose might be/how it fits into a world.
- Tell a “historical” story from your world, it could be a myth, legend, etc.
- Gold, bird, tear (crying), steel, fire
- Train, turtle, poison, mountain, bell
- Grin, hat, stone, friend, torn
- Smell, mug, magic, log, cat
Continue the Story:
- “Oh, one more thing, if you need any help, just let me know.”
- Jaren bent down till he was only a foot or so above the water but couldn’t tell what he was supposed to be looking at.
- He bellowed in rage, all the hatred, anger, and frustration he had felt while he lived came crashing down on him at once.
- He strode past the sentries into the King’s counsel chamber, a small bundle wrapped in nondescript cloth tucked safely under his arm.
- An unholy cry, filled with rage and pain, echoed around the room.
- The edge of his vision started to go black as realization hit him. “We’re doomed.”
- He rolled over. Above him, hanging in the air, was a man with giant wings coming out of his back.
- “Dude you remember Jenna from high school right? Well she just moved up here last month and when I told her that you were in town she wanted to catch up with you.”
- His sword fell from his grasp, its point sinking into the mud.
- “Prepare for landing.” Siri’s voice came in over the coms.
- I had been warned they would be coming. I had been told, time and time again, that on this day they would arrive.
I’ve been surfing on-line more than 3 hours nowadays,but I by no means found any interesting article like yours.It’s beautiful value enough for me. In my opinion,if all website owners and bloggers made just right content as you probably did,the web will likely be a lot more helpful than ever before.I think this is one of the most vital information for me.And i’m happy studying your article. But wanna statement on few normalthings, The website style is perfect, the articles is actually excellent : D.Excellent activity, cheersYou’re so interesting! I do not suppose I’ve truly read through a single thing likethis before. So nice to find another person with a few unique thoughts on this issue.Seriously.. many thanks for starting this up.This site is something that’s needed on theinternet, someone with a little originality!Here is my blog post … car parts near me used
I have read your article carefully and I agree with you very much. This has provided a great help for my thesis writing, and I will seriously improve it. However, I don’t know much about a certain place. Can you help me?